“Suck, you must not” – Yoda
“My disappointment cannot be overstated” – Snoke
“Thankfully, they killed me in the previous movie” – Han Solo
They did it, they murdered it, the whole movie! Star Wars was some kind of a ritual here in the US winter period I felt it not as much Christmas season but rather as Stars wars season. The previous two movies were quite decent, for the action-movie genre of course. It was not the deepest philosophy in the universe but you could enjoy the basic storyline. The current one is ridiculous. I don’t know were to start, so I’ll just make a random list:
- Why were the hoods of the aircraft at the last battle scene wide open? You are going to battle, you are in a hostile planet, damn it details!
- The point of diversity on an intergalactic civilization was ridiculous. Do we really need to bring racial issues on the spotlight?
- Why did the revive Princess Leia in such an ad hoc way? Just give her some space already, she deserves it.
- Luke was horrible both as an actor and a character. Totally unconvincing arguments over why he left, why he returned. Is this really the last Jedi? Good.
- How could Ray, not requiring any training at all, do all this mumbo jumbo with the force? I know – she’s super ultra gifted.
- What is this “connection” now between Ray and Kylo? That isn’t how the force works (best summary of the movie).
- The motivational pieces of dialog throughout the movie were so cliche that Coehlo is filing a lawsuit.
- The “humorous” part were also so out of place and unfit that even Family Guy appears witty.
- How was the evilest creature of the First Order that easily betrayed and how did things go to normal that fast after the fall of their Supreme Leader?
- I am seriously struggling to find one moment that I liked, if that was the Resistance we are doomed.
All in all, another film in the mall.